Saturday, July 16

A day at the office.

Friday was my first day here in Chinandega. No more rain when I woke up, but a bright smiling sunshine. After breakfast Emmanuel came to pick me up and drove me to the company which is actually only 600m further in the street of my hotel. There I met Arelys (the managers assistant), she's like the sweetest lady ever. When I told her my luggage story she took care of it by calling like 10 times to the airport to ask if there was any progression...  At the end of the day some airport woman called me that my backpack had arrived, but my suitcase is still pending somewhere in the air. 


I also met the general manager, to whom I tried to explained what the purpose was of my stay here and what I data I should obtain to do calculations for my thesis. He was actually very well aware of what I had to do here, a great relief. Oh yeah, maybe some of you don't know what I'm actually doing here. The goal of my thesis is basically calculating the impact aquaculture farms have on the environment. This by taking into account as completely as possible all inputs and outputs the farm generates. 
He told me to come back in the afternoon to have a little meeting with all people who will work together with me to obtain what I need. 
I was still supertired so  I was happy I could go back to the hotel to rest a bit. But first I went to town to buy some stuff I needed, no luggage you know. By the time I arrived at the local (very american like) supermarket the sky was already getting stormy gray again...


I think I'm really the only non-Nicaraguan here  in Chinandega cause people keep staring curiously at me as if I'm a big giant intruder of their city. But once you talk a bit to them and they notice you do an effort to speak their language they're really nice. 
I didn't see a lot of the town but I think it's mainly an industrial city cause on the road from the company to town I saw all this people walking, cycling, driving to work... Today I'll do my further Chinandega exploration.


So in the afternoon, I borrowed an umbrella of the receptionist lady and went to the company again where they explained me what to do on monday. I think I'll have a lot of work here but I don't mind, I'm really looking forward to work together with these people.


And now it's weekend and I'm off to visit some stuff. Think today I'll try to catch a microbus from Chinandega to the beach to check out Playa Corinto. Hopefully I get back before the evening rain.


A plus,
Luis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment