Thursday, July 14

In nicaragua...

Finally arrived in the town where I'm supposed to stay to work on my thesis. They arranged a room for me in this hotel and the people working here treat me so friendly that it makes me almost feel bad. Earlier  I asked them if the jar with water in my room was filled with purified water, since drinking tap water in Nicaragua is a good suicide attempt. And 2 minutes later this guy at my door shows up with a plastic waterbottle, holding it as if it was the most expensive wine bottle of France. I hope they'll soon realize that treating me like Cleopatra is really not necessary.


Supertired, so not capable of making this a long post. It was a loooong trip and my luggage got lost somewhere between Miami and Managua. Luckely I'm prepared for that kind of shizzle, longlive mini-showergels and tooth brushes! Hopefully someone will call tomorrow to tell me that they found my luggage back...


The view from the airplane on Nicaragua was so nice, can't wait to do some trips here in the weekends. Man what a green green green tropical country, even if the roads are all flooded from the drashing rain. Rainy season is really... ahm rainy...  
The whole road from the airport to Chinandega was flooded. I felt like I was driven here in a submarine instead of in a car.


It was a guy from the company, Emmanuel, who came to pick me up at Managua airport and he told me they expect me to be at the company tomorrow morning to arrange things further. So I'm off to bed cause I think if I stay awake one minute longer, I might die.


Nighty night peeps.
Luis.


No comments:

Post a Comment